Mike Boyer has written an excellent Blog called How Many Projects Are Too Many?
He included a checklist in the article which I think is worth while repeating here:
My daily leading indicator checklist for each project:
1. I’ve sent a summary of actions or minutes for meetings that I chaired that day.
2. I’ve spoken individually with each member of my team.
3. I’ve spoken with my customer(s).
4. I’ve reviewed project risks and updated the register.
5. I’ve updated the progress/completion of tasks.
When I notice that I can’t complete my checklists each day, I have an early warning and I can do something about it – before my project starts to suffer.
Several key messages here. It really is worth a read and you can read more by clicking here.