I visited a relative in hospital recently. Nothing too serious I am pleased to say.
What struck me was the awful ward; huge ceilings, poor facilities and even worse; demotivated staff.
Now I do not criticise people lightly so what led me to this conclusion:
- buzzers to attract staff went unanswered for some time
- phone messages were not passed on to patients
- staff looked disinterested in what they were doing
- the general feeling in the ward just ‘didn’t feel right.’
Yes, the staff themselves looked as though they could do with more staff however the general attitude and demeanour of the staff on duty was not very positive.
How does motivation apply to your projects?
Now, what about your projects?
- How well motivated are you and your project team members?
- What would I see and others see of your project team’s level of motivation?
- How frequently do you actually monitor levels of motivation and what do you do to raise motivation levels (where needed)?
Key questions; but, what are the answers?