Well we finally saw some sunshine in London over the weekend, and I asked my gardening expert (my elder sister Denise) whether it was OK to prune back all the dead wood on my hydrangeas. A definite yes saw me sitting next to this bush pruning away.
While sat there my thinking juices starting to run riot:
- why don’t companies do the same as me, but for their projects?
- there are often too many projects in companies; so why not cut out those that do not meet the overall objectives, or are not meeting the agreed project benefits?
- cutting out the ‘dead’ projects will mean that some form of hierarchy/priorities will be established – often missing in companies
- look at the savings in staff time and money they would make
- cutting out the dead projects will help other projects grow – as with the hydrangea bush
Makes you think doesn’t it?